I have had a lifelong affinity for anything strawberry. This recipe came from a friend many years ago, but I adapted it to suit our particular tastes. It's quick and easy to prepare but is an impressive dessert to serve company. For variety, I've also used fresh peaches or nectarines. -Claudette Mogle, Federal Way, Washington
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer's Market Peaches
- 1-1/3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon orange extract
- Vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir strawberries in butter for 1 minute. Add sugar, lime peel and orange extract. Cook 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve over ice cream. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Strawberry Sundaes in Reminisce Extra June 2001, p53
Reviews for Glazed Strawberry Sundaes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review