Glazed Sprouts and Carrots Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup halved fresh brussels sprouts
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1. Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add vegetables. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender; drain and return to pan.
- 2. Combine the cornstarch, sugar, salt if desired, nutmeg and orange juice; stir until smooth. Pour over the vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
One 1/2-cup serving (prepared without salt) equals 39 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.