My recipe makes two loaf-size treats, perfect for sharing. The spiced rum flavor in both the cake and the glaze really comes through. —Christine Russell, Littleton, New Hampshire
Featured In: 18 Recipes for Rum Lovers
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup spiced rum
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons spiced rum
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour two 9x5-in. loaf pans. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in rum and vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine sugar, butter, water and rum. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat; drizzle over warm cakes. Sprinkle with pecans. Cool completely on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (8 slices each).
Originally published as Glazed Spiced Rum Pound Cakes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p133
Reviews for Glazed Spiced Rum Pound Cakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 29, 2015
"I made this pound cake to give for Christmas gifts. The cakes in the loaf pans baked up beautifully, and with the Spiced Rum Glaze, they were very nice. I will make this often!"