Glazed Spiced Carrots
Glazed carrots are a classic side dish for all kinds of special occasions. They're the perfect accompaniment for all kinds of main entrees. This recipe is very easy to put together, leaving your oven and stove top free for other cooking creations.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 6 hours
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Toasted chopped pecans, optional
- Place carrots in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the preserves, brown
- sugar, butter, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Combine
- cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into preserve mixture. Pour
- over carrots.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender. Stir carrots;
- sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without pecans) equals 290 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 327 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.