Glazed Spiced Carrots Recipe
Glazed carrots are a classic side dish for all kinds of special occasions. They're the perfect accompaniment for all kinds of main entrees. This recipe is very easy to put together, leaving your oven and stove top free for other cooking creations.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Toasted chopped pecans, optional
- 1. Place carrots in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the preserves, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into preserve mixture. Pour over carrots.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender. Stir carrots; sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without pecans): 290 calories, 15g fat (10g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Spiced Carrots
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC