Glazed carrots are a classic side dish for all kinds of special occasions. They're the perfect accompaniment for all kinds of main entrees. This recipe is very easy to put together, leaving your oven and stove top free for other cooking creations.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Featured In: 52 Impressive Slow Cooker Recipes to Wow Your Guests
- 2 pounds small carrots
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Toasted chopped pecans, optional
- Place carrots in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the preserves, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into preserve mixture. Pour over carrots.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender. Stir carrots; sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Spiced Carrots in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p65
Reviews for Glazed Spiced Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review