- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Toasted chopped pecans, optional
- Place carrots in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine the preserves, butter, brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into preserve mixture. Pour over carrots.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until tender. Stir carrots; sprinkle with pecans if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Spiced Carrots in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p65
Reviews for Glazed Spiced Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review