"My husband and I are watching our fat intake, so I came up with this recipe that's a great side dish with pork," reports Mary Jo Duckworth from Denver, Colorado. "It was a real success."
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (12 ounces) diet cream soda
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 large apples, peeled and sliced
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the soda, honey, apple pie spice, cinnamon and nutmeg until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3-4 minutes or until thickened, stirring after each minute.
- Place apples in a 3-qt. microwave-safe dish; pour sauce over apples. Cover and cook on high for 5-1/2 minutes; stir. Cook, uncovered, 5-1/2 to 8 minutes longer or until apples are tender; stir. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Spiced Apples in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p15
Reviews for Glazed Spiced Apples
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2011
"This recipe was delicious! I didn't have diet cream soda so I substituted diet root beer and it was great. Will definitely make this again."