Glazed Snow Peas and Carrots
"Crunchy glazed snow peas and carrots go together so well," writes Agnes Ward from Stratford, Ontario. "They make a colorful and delicious side dish for a wide variety of entrees."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth, divided
- 1/2 cup sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh snow peas
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- In a small saucepan, bring 1/3 cup broth, carrots and onion to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 4 minutes. Add peas; cook 2
- minutes longer.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch, lemon juice and remaining
- broth until smooth. Add to vegetables. Bring to a boil over medium
- heat; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 62 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 2 vegetable.