Glazed Shrimp & Asparagus Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair pasta
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons peanut or canola oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2- to 3-in. lengths
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, water, soy sauce and honey until smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry shrimp in 1 teaspoon peanut oil and the sesame oil until shrimp turn pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry asparagus in remaining peanut oil for 2 minutes. Add the ginger, garlic, pepper flakes and sesame seeds; stir-fry 2 minutes longer or until asparagus is crisp-tender.
- 4. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shrimp; heat through. Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup shrimp mixture with 1 cup pasta equals 386 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 376 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 29 g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Shrimp & Asparagus
"This was excellant. Full of flavor and a big hit with our family."
"This receipe was very good and very easy to make. I think there is an error in the ingredients. In the directions it says "stir fry shrimp in 1 teaspoon of peanut oil". I think the 3 tsps. of seasame oil should have been peanut oil. But since I didn't have peanut oil, I used olive oil and I didn't use the gingerroot. It was quick to make which I love. I would double or even triple the sauce, since it is so good and the pasta seemed to soak it up."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.