Glazed Sausage Bites Appetizer
"These tangy meatballs have a deliciously different flavor since they're made with sausage," relates field editor Sue Broyles of Cherokee, Texas.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 1/2 cup saltine or butter-flavored cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- In a bowl, combine the sausage, egg, crumbs, milk and sage; mix well.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. In a skillet over medium heat, brown
- meatballs; drain. Combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add to
- skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20
- minutes or until centers of meatballs are no longer pink. Yield: 2