Glazed Salmon with Brussels Sprouts for Two Recipe
- 3/4 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place brussels sprouts in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook salmon over medium heat in 1-1/2 teaspoons oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. Saute garlic in remaining oil for 1 minute; add the honey, chili powder, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until blended. Set aside 1 tablespoon glaze. Drain brussels sprouts; add to the skillet. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until tender. Serve with salmon; drizzle with reserved glaze. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 469 calories, 23g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 7g fiber), 35g protein .
Reviews for Glazed Salmon with Brussels Sprouts for Two
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.