Glazed Salmon Fillet Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 to 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup to a saucepan; simmer until heated through. Set aside remaining mixture for basting.
- 2. Sprinkle salmon with lemon-pepper. Moisten a paper towel in cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Place salmon on grill with skin side down.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with the reserved brown sugar mixture. Grill 10-15 minutes longer, basting occasionally. Serve with the warmed sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 441 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Salmon Fillet
"Oh so good!! Who would have thought dill, cayenne pepper and brown sugar would make such a delicious combination! Definitely keeping this one in my records."
"I have made this several times now and my husband & I both love it! So simple yet so tasty. We have salmon now just so we could use this recipe!"
"I had never made salmon before, but decided to try this last night. It was delicious! My fiance and I both loved it and it will definitely be a staple for us from now on!"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.