Glazed Salmon Fillet
"My husband caught a lot of salmon when we lived in Alaska, so I had to learn how to cook it," explains Jerilyn Colvin of Foxboro, Massachusetts. "Basted with a sweet glaze, this tasty fillet is a staple in our house. Our six children absolutely love it," she adds.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 to 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2-1/4 teaspoons dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Remove 1/2 cup
- to a saucepan; simmer until heated through. Set aside remaining
- mixture for basting.
- Sprinkle salmon with lemon-pepper. Moisten a paper towel in cooking
- oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly.
- Place salmon on grill with skin side down.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Brush with the
- reserved brown sugar mixture. Grill 10-15 minutes longer, basting
- occasionally. Serve with the warmed sauce. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 441 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as