Glazed Rosemary Pork Recipe
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons plus 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each), cut into 1-inch slices
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the honey, 2 teaspoons oil, mustard, rosemary, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside. Flatten pork slices to 1/2-in. thickness. In a large nonstick skillet, saute pork in remaining oil for 1 minute on each side or until browned.
- 2. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Spoon honey mixture over meat. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
4 ounces cooked pork equals 259 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 174 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 32 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.