Glazed Rosemary Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup apricot jam
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in butter and oil on all sides. Transfer to a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Add onion to the same skillet; cook and stir until tender. Stir in the brown sugar, herbs, orange peel, pepper and salt. Spread over pork. Combine jam and orange juice; pour over top. Add bay leaf.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard bay leaf. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork: 314 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 33g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Rosemary Pork Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.