Glazed Roasted Pineapple Recipe
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 cup raspberry sorbet
- 1. Peel pineapple; cut into six wedges. Cut wedges lengthwise to remove core; cut each widthwise into four pieces. Pour butter into a 2-qt. baking dish; top with pineapple. Combine the brown sugar, honey, pie spice and extract; spoon over pineapple.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon cooking juices over the top. Serve warm with sorbet. Yield: 6 servings.
4 pineapple pieces with 2 tablespoons sorbet equals 159 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 43 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.