These delightful pineapple slices have a wonderful aroma that we absolutely love. Raspberry sorbet is an ideal accompaniment, but you could serve the pineapple with other sorbet flavors, too. Agnes Ward - Stratford, Ontario
Recommended: 16 Impressive Christmas Dinner Ideas
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon rum extract
- 3/4 cup raspberry sorbet
- Peel pineapple; cut into six wedges. Cut wedges lengthwise to remove core; cut each widthwise into four pieces. Pour butter into a 2-qt. baking dish; top with pineapple. Combine the brown sugar, honey, pie spice and extract; spoon over pineapple.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Spoon cooking juices over the top. Serve warm with sorbet. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Roasted Pineapple in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p28
Reviews for Glazed Roasted Pineapple
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 24, 2011
"I did this one with a few minor changes. I doubled the recipe to have both basting and topping, I did this one on a charcoal grill for smoky flavor, and I used a 1/4 cup of spiced rum instead of extract. Came out awesome!"