Glazed Roast Chicken
A few pantry items inspired this recipe, which I've since made for small weeknight meals or for big parties. The quince jelly comes from my boss, who grows the fruit in his own backyard. —Victoria Miller, San Ramon, CA
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours + standing
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup apricot preserves or quince jelly
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil;
- cook 3-4 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Stir in preserves
- and mustard. Reserve half of the glaze for basting.
- Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tuck wings under chicken; tie
- drumsticks together. Pour remaining glaze over chicken.
- Roast 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh
- reads 180°, basting occasionally with reserved glaze after 45
- minutes. Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15
- minutes before carving. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now