Glazed Roast Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup apricot preserves or quince jelly
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small saucepan, bring wine to a boil; cook 3-4 minutes or until wine is reduced by half. Stir in preserves and mustard. Reserve half of the glaze for basting.
- Place chicken on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Tuck wings under chicken; tie drumsticks together. Pour remaining glaze over chicken.
- Roast 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting occasionally with reserved glaze after 45 minutes. Remove chicken from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Glazed Roast Chicken(1)
Sort By :
I used the apricot preserves, and it was delicious! However, **fair warning** please line your broiler pan with foil!!! I think I may have to actually throw my broiler pan away because there is an ungodly amount of junk caked to it!! I would make this recipe again!
More Recipe Collections
- Roast Chicken >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Chicken Dinner Recipes >