Glazed Raspberry Pie Recipe
- 5 cups fresh raspberries, divided
- 1 cup water, divided
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine 2/3 cup raspberries and 2/3 cup water. Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Strain raspberries and discard seeds; set juice aside.
- 2. In another saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and remaining water until smooth. Add raspberry juice. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon juice. Cool.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and milk until smooth. Spread onto the bottom and up the sides of pastry shell. Fill pastry shell with the remaining raspberries. Slowly pour glaze over berries. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 318 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 147 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Raspberry Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.