Glazed Raspberry Coffee Cake Recipe
"Who says you can't eat coffee cake when you're watching your weight?" asks Merle Shapter from Delta, British Columbia. "This is one of my favorite recipes. It's perfect for a brunch buffet, with bits of raspberry in every moist bite and a drizzle of frosting and toasted almonds on top. Yum!"
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the egg, yogurt, butter and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Spoon two-thirds of the batter into an 8-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the brown sugar and raspberries; sprinkle over batter. Spoon remaining batter over the top. Sprinkle with almonds.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Drizzle over coffee cake. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
One piece equals 178 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 178 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
Reviews for Glazed Raspberry Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC