- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Combine the egg, yogurt, butter and vanilla; add to dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Spoon two-thirds of the batter into an 8-in. round baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the brown sugar and raspberries; sprinkle over batter. Spoon remaining batter over the top. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched and is golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Drizzle over coffee cake. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Glazed Raspberry Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"My family loves this recipe! I use vanilla yogurt and almond extract instead."
"turned out very good and just the right size to serve with brunch or dinner"
"This is indeed a very healthy recipe for anyone watching their sugar and/or weight. I had a hard time spreading my batter out in the pan & even getting it out of the pan. I didn't realize how thick the batter would be (mine was the consistency of pizza dough). However, this will be a great healthy batter for using in cobblers & pot pies and as a crumb topping. I think it might have turned out better if I had used a much smaller pan. Also, I didn't have plain yogurt so I used strawberry banana flavor. I'm sure that changed the flavor a lot but it was still good and the bananas in the yogurt made it smell great. I may try it again in a smaller pan or add a litte buttermilk."
"I made this, and I used a vanilla bean yogurt in the batter, as opposed to plain, and I used almond extract in the glaze. Very tasty indeed."
"This cake is excellent. I made it with fresh raspberries and left out the nuts and glaze and it was still great. I love the tartness of the raspberries against the sweetness of the cake!"