Ranch salad dressing mix flavors these tasty carrots from Marion Reed of Omak, Washington. The side dish relies on packages of baby carrots, so there's no time-consuming peeling or slicing.
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- Place carrots in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar and salad dressing mix until blended. Add carrots. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until glazed. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Carrots in Quick Cooking December 2000, p56
Reviews for Glazed Ranch Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review