Glazed Ranch Carrots Recipe
Ranch salad dressing mix flavors these tasty carrots from Marion Reed of Omak, Washington. The side dish relies on packages of baby carrots, so there's no time-consuming peeling or slicing.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- 1. Place carrots in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside.
- 2. In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar and salad dressing mix until blended. Add carrots. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes or until glazed. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 142 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 1,055 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC