- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Place raisins in a bowl; cover with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid; set raisins and liquid aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved raisin liquid. Fold in raisins. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Pour over warm cake and spread evenly. Cool before cutting. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Raisin Sheet Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p54
Reviews for Glazed Raisin Sheet Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 12, 2012
"This is easy to make, makes a lot and my kids don't even mind the raisins."