VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1-1/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Place raisins in a bowl; cover with boiling water and let stand for 5 minutes. Drain, reserving 1 cup liquid; set raisins and liquid aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with reserved raisin liquid. Fold in raisins. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients. Pour over warm cake and spread evenly. Cool before cutting. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Raisin Sheet Cake in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p54