Glazed Racks of Lamb
Rack of lamb isn't an entree you make every day. So when you do prepare it, you need a tried-and-true recipe like this one. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 frenched racks of lamb (1-1/2 pounds each)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup cherry preserves
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Place lamb on a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Drape a piece of
- heavy-duty foil over bones to prevent overbrowning. In a small bowl,
- combine the honey, preserves, oil and lime juice. Set aside 1/2 cup.
- Spoon half of the remaining glaze over lamb.
- Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 10-12 minutes or until meat reaches
- desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read
- 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting once with
- remaining glaze.
- Remove lamb from the oven and loosely cover with foil. Let stand for
- 5 minutes before cutting. Brush with reserved glaze. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 rack equals 512 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 94 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as