Glazed Pork with Strawberry Couscous Recipe
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (5 pounds)
- 1/2 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup orange juice, divided
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) plain couscous
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1. Line the bottom of a large shallow roasting pan with foil; set aside. Combine the marjoram, salt and pepper; rub over roast. Place in pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour.
- 2. Combine jam and 1/4 cup orange juice; brush half over pork. Bake 20-30 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting with remaining jam mixture every 10 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in couscous. Cover and remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork; stir in the strawberries, mint, orange peel and remaining orange juice. Serve with pork. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounces cooked meat with 1/2 cup couscous mixture equals 383 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 493 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 36 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.