Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Pork gets a tasty treatment from a simple sauce of pineapple preserves and horseradish in this recipe. The brand of horseradish you use will determine the "heat" level of the sauce. Bernice Dean of Garland, Texas
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Preheat oven to 425°. Combine salt and pepper; rub over pork.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Place one
- sprig of rosemary under the pork and one on top. Bake, uncovered, 10
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, heat preserves and horseradish until
- preserves are melted; stir until blended. Remove top rosemary sprig.
- Brush pork with 1/4 cup pineapple sauce. Bake 10-20 minutes longer
- or until thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 5 minutes before
- slicing. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked pork with 2 tablespoons sauce) equals 242 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.