Glazed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Line a shallow roasting pan with foil; place roast fat side up on a rack in prepared pan. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 14-16 minutes or until smooth and slightly thickened. Pour over pork.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 258 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 65mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 1g fiber), 21g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Pork Roast
"I have made this recipe over and over. My family can never get enough. What makes it even better is if you buy the fresh cranberries and cook them as the bag says then use those for the rest of the recipe. I do not baste the roast anymore and I do not reduce it as long as it says. I prefer to have a lot of liquid to use as a gravy. Left overs are way better as well cooked in all the liquid and the meat cut up. What I would love to know is if anyone has tried this on a turkey breast. I am considering trying it today."
"My family loved this recipe. I'll have to cook two next time."
"love the glaze also good on ham and chicken too"
"This is an incredible recipe, extremely tasty and easy to make.My family RAVED about it. RAVED!!!!"
"this is really gool and easy for company - but second time I made it I did twice the glaze"