You don't need many ingredients to prepare this oh-so-good entree. It's a hit with old and young alike at my holiday table.—Gloria Carrara, West Warwick, Rhode Island
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 can (14 ounces) jellied cranberry sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Line a shallow roasting pan with foil; place roast fat side up on a rack in prepared pan. In a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 14-16 minutes or until smooth and slightly thickened. Pour over pork.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Pork Roast in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p40
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Glazed Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review