Glazed Pork Medallions
“After my husband was told to lower his cholesterol, he was sure he’d never taste good food again,” writes Michele Flagel of Shellsburg, Iowa. “He was so surprised by this entree, which proves you don’t have to eat fish every night to keep fat down.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut pork into 1-in. slices and flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle
- with salt. Cook pork in batches over medium-high heat in a large
- nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray until tender. Reduce heat
- to low; return all meat to the pan. Combine the remaining
- ingredients; pour over pork and turn to coat. Heat through. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork equals 200 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 231 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.