Glazed Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup reduced-sugar orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Cut pork into 1-in. slices and flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; sprinkle with salt. Cook pork in batches over medium-high heat in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray until tender. Reduce heat to low; return all meat to the pan. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over pork and turn to coat. Heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Glazed Pork Medallions(7)
Sort By :
This recipe was delicious!! The sauce from the pork goes great over rice. I did change it a bit and used peach perseveres instead of orange, but I will make this again and again.
This was very easy to make and quite tasty.
This was delicious. I served it over white rice with fresh pineapple on the side. By the way; in response to the person concerned about the cost of the fresh gingerroot. I paid 94 cents for two fairly large pieces.
You can freeze the fresh ginger. Just wrap well and place in a plastic bag then peel and grate just what you need while frozen and return remaining ginger to the freezer. I always keep a little bagged piece of ginger in the freezer and use it whenever a recipe calls for ground ginger. You will not believe the difference it will make in your pumpkin pie!
1/16 tsp ground for 1/2 tsp fresh...however it tastes slightly different. If you pick through the ginger at the market you can usually find a knob that's fallen off another piece. Look for a one inch piece; easier to peel and then use a grater instead of mincing (faster, easier). Gingerroot is so lightweight I think you'll be surprised at the low cost when it's all said and done.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >