Glazed Pork Crown Roast Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork crown roast (16 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until jam is melted; brush over roast. Place roast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with foil; loosely cover entire roast with foil.
- 2. Roast 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reads 145°. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 15 minutes. Remove foil. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 275 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 71mg cholesterol, 202mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, trace fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 4 lean meat
Reviews for Glazed Pork Crown Roast
"Melts in your mouth and everyone was impressed with how much "work" this must have been."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.