Glazed Pork Crown Roast Recipe
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork crown roast (16 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir over medium heat until jam is melted; brush over roast. Place roast on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with foil; loosely cover entire roast with foil.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Carefully spoon stuffing into center of roast. Bake 1 hour longer or until a thermometer reads 165° for stuffing. Transfer to a serving platter. Let stand for 15 minutes. Remove foil. Cut between ribs to serve. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 275 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.