Glazed Pork Crown Roast
If you need an elegant entree to serve a crowd, you can't go wrong with crown roast of pork. An easy glaze enhances every bite.Rita Kitsteiner, Tucson, Arizona
16 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 3 hours
- 1 jar (10 ounces) seedless blackberry spreadable fruit
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pork crown roast (16 ribs and about 8 pounds)
- In a small saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Cook and stir
- over medium heat until jam is melted; brush over roast. Place roast
- on a rack in a large shallow roasting pan. Cover rib ends with foil;
- loosely cover entire roast with foil.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours. Carefully spoon
- stuffing into center of roast. Bake 1 hour longer or until a
- thermometer reads 165° for stuffing. Transfer to a serving
- platter. Let stand for 15 minutes. Remove foil. Cut between ribs to
- Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 275 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 202 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1 starch.