Glazed Pork Chops and Apples Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with sage and salt. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Stir flour into the pan drippings until blended. Gradually stir in broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Arrange apples over chops; sprinkle with brown sugar. Drizzle with broth mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup apples equals 250 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Glazed Pork Chops and Apples
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.