Glazed Pork Chops and Apples Recipe
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1. Sprinkle pork chops with sage and salt. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Stir flour into the pan drippings until blended. Gradually stir in broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- 3. Arrange apples over chops; sprinkle with brown sugar. Drizzle with broth mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 pork chop with 1/2 cup apples equals 250 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 406 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Glazed Pork Chops and Apples
"Good, easy dinner. Contains a LOT o f sugar, which I think can be replaced by using a sweeter apple. Otherwise, pretty good. Served with rice or sweet potatoes and a salad, even my five year old cleaned his plate!"
"Good recipe, easy to make and perfect for picky children. Mine love apples so it was a win and we all love the little bit of sweetness."
"This is a great recipe for anyone who is diabetic...I cut down on the sage a bit and it tasted wonderful!!!"
"I substituted apple juice and regular vinegar for the broth and cider-vinegar and the whole family loved it!"
"You can use Splenda instead of the sugar and still have the same great taste.MEB"
"try apple juice instead of chicken broth"
"you can leave salt out of ANY recipe."
"What other liquid can be used besides chicken broth."
"can i leave the salt out"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.