- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- Sprinkle pork chops with sage and salt. In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Transfer to an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Stir flour into the pan drippings until blended. Gradually stir in broth and vinegar. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange apples over chops; sprinkle with brown sugar. Drizzle with broth mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Glazed Pork Chops and Apples
Sort By :
"Good, easy dinner. Contains a LOT o f sugar, which I think can be replaced by using a sweeter apple. Otherwise, pretty good. Served with rice or sweet potatoes and a salad, even my five year old cleaned his plate!"
"Good recipe, easy to make and perfect for picky children. Mine love apples so it was a win and we all love the little bit of sweetness."
"This is a great recipe for anyone who is diabetic...I cut down on the sage a bit and it tasted wonderful!!!"
"I substituted apple juice and regular vinegar for the broth and cider-vinegar and the whole family loved it!"
"You can use Splenda instead of the sugar and still have the same great taste.MEB"