Glazed Poppy Seed Muffins Recipe
Spending time in the kitchen is one of the best ways I know how to relax. Since a crafting friend shared the recipe, I've made these traditional muffins with a spectacular glaze more times that I can count.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 2. Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC