Spending time in the kitchen is one of the best ways I know how to relax. Since a crafting friend shared the recipe, I've made these traditional muffins with a spectacular glaze more times that I can count.
Recommended: 60 Muffin Recipes Worth Waking Up For
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/2 cups sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil and extracts. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Poppy Seed Muffins in Best of Country Breads 2000, p22
Reviews for Glazed Poppy Seed Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review