Glazed Poppy Seed Doughnuts
Light as a feather, these pretty glazed doughnuts are my husband's all-time favorites. They're something to celebrate any time of year at all!
42 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + rising Cook: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon plus 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2/3 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- 1 cup warm mashed potatoes (prepared without added milk and butter)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 7 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and 1 teaspoon sugar in warm water.
- In another bowl, combine milk and poppy seeds. Let each bowl stand