Glazed Poppy Seed Bread Recipe
Sweet, tender quick breads are a favorite of most bakers, but Joanne Jones of Salisbury, Maryland had a special request regarding her Poppy Seed Bread. “A lot of my co-workers and I are on Weight Watchers and would like to calculate how many points it has. Better yet,” she adds, “could you do a makeover on this recipe?”
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- 2. Spread into a greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For glaze, in a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and enough milk to achieve desired consistency; drizzle over bread. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 334 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Glazed Poppy Seed Bread
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC