Glazed Pineapple Sundaes
This refreshing dessert with its slightly spicy glaze comes from Dawn Czysz of New Berlin, Wisconsin.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 fresh pineapple slices (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon apricot spreadable fruit
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 teaspoon sugar
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1 cup low-fat vanilla frozen yogurt
- Place pineapple slices on a baking sheet; brush with spreadable
- fruit. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes or until bubbly.
- Combine the sugar substitute and cinnamon; sprinkle over pineapple.
- Top with frozen yogurt.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 sundae equals 137 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 59 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.