Glazed Pineapple Ham Recipe
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern; insert a clove in each diamond. Cover and bake 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reaches 130°.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir in 2 cups dark brown sugar, pineapple, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reserve 2 cups for sauce; keep warm.
- 3. Remove ham from oven. Increase oven setting to 425°. Pour remaining pineapple mixture over ham. In a small bowl, mix light brown sugar and remaining dark brown sugar; spread over ham.
- 4. Bake ham, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 20 servings.
5 ounces ham with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 300 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 912 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer