Glazed Pineapple Ham Recipe
This was the first time that I've ever done our holiday ham, and I was so happy with how crispy and juicy it turned out. It's going to be a new tradition. —Chrissy Clark, Boise, Idaho
- 1 fully cooked bone-in ham (7 to 9 pounds)
- Whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2-1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar, divided
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- Place ham on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Using a sharp knife, score surface of ham with 1/4-in.-deep cuts in a diamond pattern; insert a clove in each diamond. Cover and bake at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a thermometer reaches 130°.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, dissolve cornstarch in water; stir in 2 cups dark brown sugar, pineapple, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Reserve 2 cups for sauce; keep warm.
- Remove ham from oven. Increase oven setting to 425°. Pour remaining pineapple mixture over ham. In a small bowl, mix light brown sugar and remaining dark brown sugar; spread over ham.
- Bake ham, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 140°. Serve with reserved sauce. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Pineapple Ham in Taste of Home
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Glazed Pineapple Ham(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Ham >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >