Glazed Persimmon Bars Recipe
Persimmons are a brightly colored, glossy orange red skinned fruit. It's an excellent source of vitamin A, a good source of vitamin C and rich in fiber. It stars in these dessert bars.
- 1 cup mashed ripe persimmon pulp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves, optional
- 1-1/2 cups chopped dates or raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the persimmon, sugar, oil, egg and lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and spices; add to sugar mixture. Stir in dates and nuts.
- 2. Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients; spread over bars. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 99 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 77 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC