Glazed Pear Shortcakes Recipe
Family and friends will savor every last crumb of this lickety-split dessert. The pound cake absorbs the apricot taste and the warm sweetness of the pears. Special enough to serve company—and cute, too! —Fran Thomas, Saint James City, Florida
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons apricot spreadable fruit
- 8 thin slices pound cake
- 4 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- 1. In a small skillet, saute pears in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in spreadable fruit.
- 2. Place cake slices on four dessert dishes; top with pear mixture, walnuts and whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 256 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC