Glazed Pear Shortcakes Recipe
Family and friends will savor every last crumb of this lickety-split dessert. The pound cake absorbs the apricot taste and the warm sweetness of the pears. Special enough to serve company—and cute, too! —Fran Thomas, Saint James City, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons apricot spreadable fruit
- 8 thin slices pound cake
- 4 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- 1. In a small skillet, saute pears in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in spreadable fruit.
- 2. Place cake slices on four dessert dishes; top with pear mixture, walnuts and whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving equals 256 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 161 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC