Family and friends will savor every last crumb of this lickety-split dessert. The pound cake absorbs the apricot taste and the warm sweetness of the pears. Special enough to serve company—and cute, too! —Fran Thomas, Saint James City, Florida
Recommended: 45 Valentine's Day Desserts for Your Sweetie
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons apricot spreadable fruit
- 8 thin slices pound cake
- 4 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- In a small skillet, saute pears in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in spreadable fruit.
- Place cake slices on four dessert dishes; top with pear mixture, walnuts and whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Pear Shortcakes in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p33
Reviews for Glazed Pear Shortcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2010
"I would definitely make this again, but with peaches instead of pears. As much as I love pears, some of my family cannot handle them and would rather have peaches. This recipe is a keeper for sure and one that will end up in my recipe box."