Family and friends will savor every last crumb of this lickety-split dessert. The pound cake absorbs the apricot taste and the warm sweetness of the pears. Special enough to serve company—and cute, too! —Fran Thomas, Saint James City, Florida
- 2 medium pears, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons apricot spreadable fruit
- 8 thin slices pound cake
- 4 teaspoons chopped walnuts
- 4 tablespoons whipped topping
- In a small skillet, saute pears in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in spreadable fruit.
- Place cake slices on four dessert dishes; top with pear mixture, walnuts and whipped topping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Glazed Pear Shortcakes in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p33
Reviews for Glazed Pear Shortcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 26, 2010
"I would definitely make this again, but with peaches instead of pears. As much as I love pears, some of my family cannot handle them and would rather have peaches. This recipe is a keeper for sure and one that will end up in my recipe box."