I acquired this recipe in Alabama, where there are plenty of fresh, juicy peaches to give it fabulous flavor.
1-2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3/4 teaspoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream or pound cake
- In a microwave-safe small bowl, combine the brown sugar, butter,
- water, lemon juice and nutmeg. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 15
- seconds; stir. Add the peaches. Microwave 30-40 seconds longer or
- until the peaches are heated through. Stir in vanilla. Serve over
- ice cream or cake. Yield: 1-2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 each) equals 63 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.