Glazed Peach Pie
This is my father's favorite peach recipe because it tastes just like fresh peaches. It's absolutely perfect for a cool summer treat!
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 5 min.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- Dash salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-1/2 cups pureed peeled fresh peaches
- 3-1/2 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 pie pastry (9 inches), baked
- In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, salt and nutmeg. Stir in
- water, lemon juice and pureed peaches. Cook over medium heat,
- stirring constantly, about 5 minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Pour all but 1/2 cup glaze into the pie shell. Top with sliced
- peaches and brush with reserved glaze. Chill for at least 3 hours.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 287 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 119 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein.