Glazed Orange Carrots
Want your kids to eat more carrots? This tender side dish has a pleasant citrus flavor and a pretty orange glaze. It's a "must" at our family gatherings. —Marilyn Hash, Enumclaw, Washington
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh carrots, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-9 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Melt butter in a large skillet; stir in orange juice concentrate and
- brown sugar. Add carrots and parsley; stir to coat. Cook and stir
- for 1-2 minutes or until glaze is thickened. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup equals 132 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.