- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 4 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave butter and chocolate on high until butter is melted; stir until smooth. Whisk in sugar until blended. Whisk in vanilla and eggs, one at a time. Stir in flour.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 20-25 minutes (do not overbake). Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Beat filling ingredients until blended; spread over brownies. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 16 brownies.
Reviews for Glazed Mint Brownies
"Easy to put together and yummy. My husband said they tasted like a peppermint patty. I doubled the recipe and put it in a 9x13 pan."
"I made these for a family Christmas party and they disappeared quickly! Takes an ordinary brownie and makes it fabulous. Will make again?soon!"
"This recipe is out of this world! I had so many compliments. I will make these again!"
"I took these to work and my boss wants to make them also,said they are the best he has ever had."